- News & Updates Day of the Seafarer – June 25, 2017
Day of the Seafarer – June 25, 2017
Day of the Seafarer (25 June 2017) Activities Planned
AMOSUP Sailor’s Home, Cabildo cor. Sta. Potenciana Streets, Intramuros, Manila
- Lounging & Rest Area with Free Wi-Fi & Cable TV
- Free Snacks & Refreshments (Self Service)
- Free Medical Consultation
- Sailor’s Home Tour
Following information extracted from International Maritime Organization website.
For more information please visit following link:
This year, once again, 25 June will mark the annual Day of the Seafarer (DotS). DotS was established in a resolution adopted by the 2010 Diplomatic Conference in Manila to adopt the revised STCW Convention. Its stated purpose is to recognize the unique contribution made by seafarers from all over the world to international seaborne trade, the world economy and civil society as a whole.
The resolution “encourages Governments, shipping organizations, companies, shipowners and all other parties concerned to duly and appropriately promote the Day of the Seafarer and take action to celebrate it meaningfully”.
This year our theme is “Seafarers Matter“.
For 2017, we want to particularly engage ports and seafarer centres to demonstrate how much seafarers matter to them. The idea is for ports and seafarer centres to share and showcase best practices in seafarer support and welfare.
Participate in spreading the word that Seaferes Matter by:
- Join the QUIZ by filling up this short form and be represented in the seafarer’s virtual map.
- Display a Day of the Seafarer logo on your website to show support, available here: (http://bit.ly/2qxsiEM) (We have a new , vibrant and inclusive logo this year!)
- “Like” us on Facebook: at https://www.facebook.com/IMOHQ/
- Follow us on Twitter: @IMOHQ
- Use our hashtag #SeafarersMatter
- Watch and embed our videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/IMOHQ
Updates on Service Units
Family Medical and Dental Plan
- Programs & Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Processes & Requirements
- Basic Needs
- Education and Training
- Family Medical and Dental Plan